In the words of Jonathan Haynes, Professor of English at Long Island University, USA, Zack Orji is
Nollywood’s Ambassador Plenipotentiary to the world, having traveled far and wide in the practice of his craft as an actor/filmmaker, and the promotion of the Nigerian nation and its motion picture Industry.
In the words of Jonathan Haynes, Professor of English at Long Island University, USA, Zack Orji is Nollywood’s Ambassador Plenipotentiary to the world, having traveled far and wide in the practice of his craft as an actor/filmmaker, and the promotion of the Nigerian nation and its motion picture Industry.
Zack Orji is an Estate Surveyor and Valuer by training and a 1984 graduate of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He is also a 2007 graduate of the prestigious Pan-African University (Lagos Business School) where he did a certificate course in Media Enterprise, as one of the pioneer students in that discipline. By vocation, he is an Actor, Filmmaker, Media/Entertainment Consultant, Singer, Composer, Writer, and Motivational Speaker, whose work has taken him to Ghana, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Rwanda, Congo (DRC), Benin, Cameroun, South Africa, France, Netherlands, Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Uganda, Gabon, UK, USA, Thailand, and Canada. Born in Gabon, fluent in English and French, he is an Emeritus President of the Actors’ Guild of Nigeria. He is also a member of the Directors’ Guild of Nigeria, the Association of Movie Producers, and the Filmmakers’ Cooperative of Nigeria.
Between 2003 and 2005, Zack was SIMBA Ambassador / Media Consultant to WANDEL NIGERIA LTD, an Indian Multinational Company with branches in India, UK, Nigeria and Tanzania.
He has successfully conducted workshops on acting, initiated and executed auditions, castings and film projects in some of the above-named countries, sharing his experiences and aspirations with potential actors, practitioners, the business community and his audience. He has starred in over 150 films, produced 10 and directed 9, both in English and in French. He has also composed and performed theme songs for some Nollywood films.
Together with his colleagues/Resource Team, Zack successfully conducted and concluded the first phase of training/skills acquisition for Niger Delta Youths/ Women in all of the above crafts in film and music between 16th January 2011 and 23rd February 2011, throughout the nine Niger Delta States.
As a public speaker, Zack has been a guest on various television programmes at home and abroad. He is in demand to speak in churches, universities, corporate and non-profit organizations around the world. He is married to beautiful NGOZI PRISCILLA ORJI, an actress, singer, fashion and costume designer; and they are blessed with three lovely children. Zack and Priscilla have to their credit a ten track Gospel musical project titled: “Brand-New day”.
Zack has won National and International Awards, some of which include:-
1. Evergreen Icon of the Arts April 8 th , 2018 for unsurpassed and outstanding Achievements in entertainment and the society at large as a Nollywood Pioneer Actor, by Nollyfans Achievement Award
2. Legendary Award Feb 2018 by Helping Hands International, Lagos
3. Award of Recognition Nov 5, 2017 in recognition of my support for Development of Talents in Youths by Xpression Concept Group of BABCOCK UNIVERSITY NIGERIA.
4. Most Evergreen Actor of the Decade 23 rd October 2016, by City Pride
Achievers’ Award Lagos
5. Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 for Remarkable Contributions to the growth of the Movie Industry in Nigeria, at the 7 th city People Entertainment Awards Lagos.
6. Legend of Nollywood Award (November 2014, Lagos) for contributions to the growth and development of film in Nigeria and Africa by the Legends of Nollywood.
7. Nollywood Personality of the Year 2012 by The Estates, Rents and Commission Agents Association of Nigeria, December 9, 2012 in Lagos, Nigeria.
8. Planet Africa Entertainment Award by Planet Africa Group (October 27, 2012) Toronto, Canada.
9. Pillar of Youth Empowerment Award by the Political Science Students’ Association of the University of Jos – 2011.
10. Award of Excellence by Directors’ Guild of Nigeria (Aug. 3, 2007) for contributions to the growth and development of the Guild.
11. In July 2006, in Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA, Zack Orji played the leading male role, in the first Hollywood/Nollywood feature film collaboration starring actors from both countries.
12. Builders’ Award London October 4, 2006 (As one of the builders of the Nigerian Movie Industry).
13. West African Film Merit Award in August 2006 – Accra, Ghana by the West African Film Industry Summit.
14. Appreciation Award in March 2006 by the Ugandan Investment Authority, Kampala, Uganda, for initiating and executing the first Uganda/Nigeria feature film collaboration.
15. USA / Africa International Actor of the Year in March 2006, Houston, Texas, USA.
11. Africa Achievement Award in May 2005 at the Beverly Hills Hotel, Los Angeles, California, USA.
12. African People’s International Award of Achievement in June 2005, Washington D.C Convention Centre.
13. Homeland Ambassador of the Nigerian American Community in July 2005, Houston, Texas, USA.
14. Merit Award for contributions to African film in April 2004 in Washington D.C by the Filmmakers’ Association of Nigeria, USA.
15. A Nigerian Film directed by ZACK ORJI titled “BONDS OF TRADITION” is the first Nigerian Film to be accepted and classified by the British Board of Film Classification in 2003.
16. Afro Hollywood Award for contributions to the growth and development of film in Africa – in October 2003 – London, UK.
17. Best Collaborative Picture won by his film “Web” in the Ghana and Malaysia Film awards of 2001 in Accra, Ghana.
18. Reel Awards Actor of the year 2000 – Nigeria. Zack is one of the training/skills Acquisition and Entertainment Consultants to the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs in the areas of Acting/Stagecraft, Costume Designing, Script Writing, Cinematography, Film production, General Musicianship, Vocal training/production and studio Engineering.