Giileh Kebbie Scholz
Giileh is a gospel recording singer/songwriter, actress, goodwill ambassador, and Senior executive of Shenge consulting a marketing, web design, and graphics company – she is a wife, a mother of three. And holds a bachelor in Economics from the prestigious Fourah Bay College and a Masters in Technology Management from University of Maryland University college.
Since launching her debut album in 2011 – “Bringing the News ” – Giileh has been a guest on the Voice of America program hosted by David Vandy “African Beat” which was aired on “Infocus Television”. She has been interviewed on BBC Focus on Africa and Network Africa for her songs and has also been invited by Dr Bobby Jones of the famous BET Bobby Jones Gospel Show to appear as a guest on his most recent network Impact TV. She has also shared the stage with various artists and participated in the African Gospel Musical Contest along with multiple gospel concerts and non-profit fundraising events.
Giileh has helped form multiple organizations with the goal of empowering and uniting the entertainment industry. Giileh is the founder of the Sierra Leone Association of Artists and Musicians (SLAAM)
which has hosted the African Gospel Musical Contest for five consecutive years, encouraging and promoting African gospel artists from all over the world. Giileh is also Founder and Executive Director of Save The Nation, Inc,
a non-profit that seeks to empower people in disaster situations and developing countries, they have shipped up to 80 boxes of books to schools that were affected in the Shenge region of Sierra Leone, and recently shipped medical supplies for hospitals to help in the fight to combat Ebola in Sierra Leone.
Giileh has a well – rounded entertainment career and wears multiple hats such as Talk Show
Noted Awards and Recognition
• 2016 NEGA – Sierra Leone Best Gospel Singer Award
• 2014 1st movie appearance in Movie entitled Red Rose
• 2014 Big Voice of Africa Pioneer of the year award
• 2013 Gems of Africa Award
• 2013 Sierra Leone University Women’s Entertainment Award
• 2013 Save Sierra Leone Foundation – Sierra Leone’s top 100 Humanitarians Award
• 2012 Sierra Leone Association of Artists & Musicians Appreciation Award
• 2012 – Interviewed by the BBC focus on Africa for her song
• 2011 Sierra Leone Music Television (SLMTV) best gospel Album award winner for her “Bringing the News Album” December 2011 – Sierra Leone. – Presidential Lodge Performance for
• April 2011 – Maryland USA – Sierra Leone’s 51 st Independence Day Celebrations, hosted by the Embassy of Sierra Leone & Save Sierra Leone Foundation.
• Played leading role in play “Let me die alone” A John Kolosa Kargbo’s play directed by David Vandy featuring Sierra Leone’s 1 st woman Paramount Chief Madam